Tutorial - Create an Object
Create an object
The first step is to create an object:
In order to create an object, you have to be in a specified project & namespace. Once they’ve been selected, you’ll have access to the Object creation menu item:
Click on the “Create Object” button
Fill in the information (Alpha only, you CANNOT edit the Object once created)
- Description (optional)
Once done, you’ll be redirected to the object page that was just created
At the top of the page you’ll find :
- The name of the object.
4 tabs, each containing information about the Object
- Schema in which you’ll find the means of defining your object
- Linked elements in which you can find the resolvers
- Statistics in which you find relevant information about the object (Coming soon)
- Settings in which you can delete the object
In the Schema section of the page, below the object description, you’ll find the ##Field definitions which is explained on the object page.
Create Fields (primitive or otherwise) :
- Write the name of the field
Choose the type of field (
boolean, or complex)
Choose if the field is Unique or Multiple
- Unique: There is only one value (ex.: name - there is only one product name)
- Multiple: There are multiple values in the field (usually happens when it is a field with a complex type)
- Click on the submit button to the right
As you can see, the element is added to the bottom of the field list.
Once you are done with adding all the wanted fields, we can move on to the next step: Creating a Source !